There could be multiple reasons why your order might not get delivered. A few of the reasons are listed below -
The buyer is not contactable - your buyer didn't receive any call
The delivery address is not reachable/closed
Customer refused delivery
Cash on Delivery (COD) amount was not ready at the time of delivery
The customer asked for future delivery
Customer not available, etc.
In this article, you would get to learn how to achieve maximum delivery success rate and what steps your buyer can take after an order has been marked as NDR and undelivered.
What is the buyer's positive response?
When your order is marked as undelivered by the courier executives due to any of the above reasons, your buyer receives an IVR call requesting them for their feedback and response in real-time. With this, we also send an automated SMS with a form to your buyer, where we ask them if the courier's response is right. They can also correct their delivery address and contact details here if required.
The form looks something like this:
It is a standard practice followed by the courier partners to attempt the delivery thrice. So once your buyer submits the above form and takes action on the IVR call by rescheduling the delivery, the delivery partners would re-attempt the order within 24 to 48 hours
So in simple words, when your buyer takes an action on the above IVR call and/or form, it is called a Buyer's Positive Response.
Why is the buyer's positive response necessary?
1. This proves that the buyer is genuine and that he wants the order.
2. Although we request a re-attempt on all your undelivered orders/NDR, the courier partners take the buyer's positive response more seriously while considering a re-attempt of delivery.
3. If there's a buyer positive responsive and your order returns to origin (RTO initiated) with the reason being 'Consignee refused the accept the order', you would be eligible for a refund of the shipping credits since the courier would be held responsible for this.
How to give a buyer positive response?
1. After the order is marked as undelivered, your buyer gets an IVR call in which the buyer can request for a Reattempt.
2. In case your buyer missed responding to the IVR call, he/she can also give a missed call on 01141185504 from their registered phone number for the re-attempt verification. Once received, it will automatically get updated with the courier partner.